Only Swallow use ThermoWood® to build their greenhouses, combining traditional design with a revolutionary construction material.
ThermoWood® is timber that has been heat treated to eliminate moisture and resin, this makes it highly resistant to shrinkage and expansion. The threat of warping and rot is therefore minimal, in fact preservatives are not required.
The interior of the 14ft x 8ft Raven Greenhouse offers a perfect growing environment, ideal to propagate a varied range of plants. Double doors are appreciated when pushing a wheelbarrow and there are four roof vents to ensure that the temperature and humidity is ideal with toughened glazing letting in plenty of light.
Staging is fitted along one side as standard and options include shelving and a rainwater collection system for re-cycling. Adding a Combination Shed is also a great option to increase both working and storage space.
14x8 Raven Greenhouse Features:
- ThermoWood®: Heat treated Scandinavian timber that's rot and warp resistant
- Glazing bars: 58mm x 34mm finished size
- Bottom Tongue & Groove: 12mm boards, 390mm long
- Doors: Double with mortice lock and aluminium handles
- Glazing: 3mm toughened safety glass, slid into a groove and sealed with quality silicone
- Joints: All the cut shapes are jointed with a clear plastic H section
- Roof Vents: 4 large roof vents with automatic openers
- Staging: Full length on one side with centre support.
- Finial: A specially turned apex finial for that classic look.
- Capping: The ridge and top vents are sealed with a specially machined timber capping.
- Damp Barrier: A 20mm black PVC section is screwed to the bottom
- Stainless Steel Nails: Used to fix all tongue and grooved boards
- Delivery and installation included in price
14x8 Raven Dimensions:
- Gable width: 2660mm (8ft 9ins)
- Length: 4470mm (14ft 8ins)
- Eaves height: 1730mm (5ft 8ins)
- Ridge height: 2660mm (8ft 9ins)
- Door width: 1200mm (3ft 11ins)
- Door height: 1980mm (6ft 6ins)
Note: Larger 16ft x 8ft and smaller 12ft x 8ft versions of this greenhouse is available.
Optional Extras for your Swallow Greenhouse
Staging along one side is included as standard in your Swallow GB Greenhouse, however, an additional High Level Shelf and Extra Staging on the end to make an L shape is an option. The Hunter Gutter and Downpipe Kit allows you to collect and re-use rainwater - the best water for all plants - this is available as an optional extra below.
Please Note: Imagery may show Kingfisher greenhouses of a different size and with optional extras that must be purchased separately. A suitable flat, level and sturdy base must be prepared before the delivery / Installation date to ensure a hassle free installation.