The Raven 12ft x 8ft Greenhouse is built in the UK by craftsmen at Swallow. Double doors make entry into the greenhouse very easy, even if you are pushing a wheelbarrow.
Mixing traditional design with modern construction methods unique to their range of greenhouses, Swallow use ThermoWood® to build the frame. This is timber that has been heat-treated to eliminate almost all moisture and resin. As a result, shrinkage and expansion are minimal, as is warping and rot. In fact, preservatives need not be applied.
The exterior of the greenhouse is very durable, inside the growing environment is ideal for a wide range of plants. No less than four roof vents introduce a fresh flow of air, and staging is fitted along one side.
Light flows through the toughened glass and the glazing is sealed with high-quality silicone. There is a 20mm damp course and in addition, you have the choice of various optional extras, for example, a rainwater collection kit to aid recycling.
A Combination Shed is also a great option, adding working space and also a storage area.
Read up on our guide for the benefits of Thermwood® greenhouses.
12x8 Raven Greenhouse Features:
- ThermoWood®: Heat treated Scandinavian timber that's rot and warp resistant
- Glazing bars: 58mm x 34mm finished size
- Bottom Tongue & Groove: 12mm boards, 390mm long
- Doors: Double with mortice lock and aluminium handles
- Glazing: 3mm toughened safety glass, slid into a groove and sealed with quality silicone
- Joints: All the cut shapes are jointed with a clear plastic H section
- Roof Vents: 4 large roof vents with automatic openers
- Staging: Full length on one side with centre support.
- Finial: A specially turned apex finial for that classic look.
- Capping: The ridge and top vents are sealed with a specially machined timber capping.
- Damp Barrier: A 20mm black PVC section is screwed to the bottom
- Stainless Steel Nails: Used to fix all tongue and grooved boards
- Delivery and installation included in price
12x8 Raven Dimensions:
- External Height To Ridge: 237cm (7ft 9ins)
- External Height To Eaves: 173cm (5ft 8ins)
- External Width: 266cm (8ft 9ins)
- External Depth: 384cm (12ft 7ins)
- Door Opening Height: 198cm (6ft 6ins)
- Door Opening Width: 57cm (1ft 10ins)
Dimensions do not include any applicable overhang or guttering, so please ensure that there is sufficient space around your proposed greenhouse base without obstruction, for it to be sited and installed successfully.
Note: Larger 14ft x 8ft and smaller 10ft x 8ft versions of this greenhouse is available.
Optional Extras for your Swallow Greenhouse
Staging along one side is included as standard in your Swallow GB Greenhouse, however, an additional High Level Shelf and Extra Staging on the end to make an L shape is an option. The Hunter Gutter and Downpipe Kit allows you to collect and re-use rainwater - the best water for all plants - this is available as an optional extra below.
Please Note: Imagery may show Kingfisher greenhouses of a different size and with optional extras that must be purchased separately. A suitable flat, level and sturdy base must be prepared before the delivery / Installation date to ensure a hassle free installation.