The Kingfisher 6ft x 8ft Wide Greenhouse, part of the very popular 6ft 8ins wide range from UK manufacturers Swallow.
All their greenhouses benefit from the use of ThermoWood®, timber that has been heat treated to remove moisture. This means it will not warp or rot. It's really strong and durable, so the greenhouse has a much-enhanced lifespan.
Although constructed with modern materials, the Kingfisher is traditional in appearance and built by British craftsmen.
Many outstanding features come as standard and these can be augmented by various options. The greenhouse can also be complemented by a Combination Shed that adds storage and working space.
There are two automatic roof vents to regulate growing conditions, most notably temperature and humidity. A single door, complete with mortice lock, can be at either end while the glazing is toughened and sealed with a high-quality silicone.
We currently have this model (painted in Bracken green) on display at our show site. We are open 7 days a week if you would like to view our display model.
6x8 Kingfisher Greenhouse Features:
- ThermoWood®: Heat treated Scandinavian timber that's rot and warp resistant
- Glazing bars: 58mm x 34mm finished size
- Bottom Tongue & Groove: 12mm boards, 390mm long
- Doors: 1 with mortice lock and aluminium handles
- Glazing: 3mm toughened safety glass, slid into a groove and sealed with quality silicone
- Joints: All the cut shapes are jointed with a clear plastic H section
- Roof Vents: 2 large roof vents with automatic openers
- Staging: Full length on one side with centre support.
- Finial: A specially turned apex finial for that classic look.
- Capping: The ridge and top vents are sealed with a specially machined timber capping.
- Damp Barrier: A 20mm black PVC section is screwed to the bottom
- Stainless Steel Nails: Used to fix all tongued and grooved boards
- Delivery and installation included in price
6x8 Kingfisher Dimensions:
- External Height To Ridge: 237cm (7ft 9ins)
- External Height To Eaves: 173cm (5ft 8ins)
- External Width: 204cm (6ft 8ins)
- External Depth: 255cm (8ft 4ins)
- Door Opening Height: 198cm (6ft 6ins)
- Door Opening Width: 57cm (1ft 10ins)
Dimensions do not include any applicable overhang or guttering, so please ensure that there is sufficient space around your proposed greenhouse base without obstruction, for it to be sited and installed successfully.
Note: Larger 6ft x 10ft and smaller 6ft x 6ft versions of this greenhouse are available.
Optional Extras for your Swallow Greenhouse
Staging along one side is included as standard in your Swallow GB Greenhouse, however, an additional High Level Shelf and Extra Staging on the end to make an L shape is an option. The Hunter Gutter and Downpipe Kit allows you to collect and re-use rainwater - the best water for all plants - this is available as an optional extra below.
Please Note: Imagery may show Kingfisher greenhouses of a different size and with optional extras that must be purchased separately. A suitable flat, level and sturdy base must be prepared before the delivery / Installation date to ensure a hassle free installation.