The Kingfisher 6ft x 4ft Greenhouse is part of a highly popular 6ft 8ins wide range from Swallow. This is the smallest version that, similar to the others, benefits from the use of ThermoWood®.
ThermoWood® is heat treated timber that, as it lacks moisture, will not warp or decay. It's very strong and durable, so greatly extending the greenhouse's lifespan
Although built using a modern material, the greenhouse is traditionally designed and built in the UK by craftsmen. It has many features included as standard together with varied optional extras. You can also consider complementing your greenhouse with a Combination Shed to add storage and working space.
The roof vent opens automatically, this significantly helps to control temperature and humidity. Toughened glazing is fitted and sealed with high-quality silicone. A single door, with a mortice lock, can be positioned at either end.
Read up on our guide for the benefits of Thermwood® greenhouses.
6x4 Kingfisher Greenhouse Features:
- ThermoWood®: Heat treated Scandinavian timber that's rot and warp resistant
- Glazing bars: 58mm x 34mm finished size
- Bottom Tongue & Groove: 12mm boards, 390mm long
- Doors: 1 with mortice lock and aluminium handles
- Glazing: 3mm toughened safety glass, slid into a groove and sealed with quality silicone
- Joints: All the cut shapes are jointed with a clear plastic H section
- Roof Vents: 1 large roof vent with automatic opener
- Staging: Full length on one side with centre support.
- Finial: A specially turned apex finial for that classic look.
- Capping: The ridge and top vents are sealed with a specially machined timber capping.
- Damp Barrier: A 20mm black PVC section is screwed to the bottom
- Stainless Steel Nails: Used to fix all tongued and grooved boards
- Delivery and installation included in price
6x4 Kingfisher Dimensions:
- External Height To Ridge: 237cm (7ft 9ins)
- External Height To Eaves: 173cm (5ft 8ins)
- External Width: 204cm (6ft 8ins)
- External Depth: 129cm (4ft 3ins)
- Door Opening Height: 198cm (6ft 6ins)
- Door Opening Width: 57cm (1ft 10ins)
Dimensions do not include any applicable overhang or guttering, so please ensure that there is sufficient space around your proposed greenhouse base without obstruction, for it to be sited and installed successfully.
Note: A larger 6ft x 6ft version of this greenhouse is available.
Optional Extras for your Swallow Greenhouse
Staging along one side is included as standard in your Swallow GB Greenhouse, however, an additional High Level Shelf and Extra Staging on the end to make an L shape is an option. The Hunter Gutter and Downpipe Kit allows you to collect and reuse rainwater - the best water for all plants - this is available as an optional extra below.
Please Note: Imagery may show Kingfisher greenhouses of a different size and with optional extras that must be purchased separately. A suitable flat, level and sturdy base must be prepared before the delivery / Installation date to ensure a hassle free installation.