The Affinity Ice Vent Pond Heater is designed to help retain an ice free zone on the water surface of your pond.
This helps to ensure that toxic gases can leave the water as well as letting oxygen in.
It uses an internal low energy pond heater that allows your pool to breathe and in turn helps to support fish and other aquatic life during the harsh winter months when ice may be a problem on the surface of your pond.
About The Ice Vent Pond Heater:
- Suitable for all ponds up to 5000 litres
- Helps stop the surface of the water freezing over
- Specially designed to run on less energy - helping to reduce running costs
- Allows the pond to breathe allowing oxygen into the water and letting toxic gases out
Blagdon Affinity Pond Heater Specification:
- 50 Watts / 230v / 50Hz
- Includes a 10 metre cable
- Suitable for temperatures down to -10ºC
- Maximum Depth of 1.2 metres
Low Energy Usage:
The Pond Heater by Blagdon has been created to give pond owners an affordable yet low energy use appliance. Mixing a classic design with modern parts, the manufacturer boasts that this product can offer an energy saving of up to 66% against other pond heaters on the market today.
After researching other pond heaters, on average most of them run at 150 Watts, whereas this pond ice preventer runs at a low 50 Watts.
Simple Steps to Setting Up Your Pond Heater:
1) Simply connect the heater together using the instructions in the box.
2) Place the ice vent on your pond surface - it should float independently
3) Plug the unit into a suitable weatherproof socket/breaker.
4) Switch the plug on and the unit will start to work.
Turn the pond heater on and off as and when the temperature fluctuates.