If you are thinking of having your garden building installed by our chosen installation team, or have already purchased your building with the addition of installation, we advise reading the below installation terms and base preparation guide.
Delivery / Installation Time
Unless otherwise stated on the specific product page, an average lead time of 15 working days (three full weeks) applies from receipt of your order to the delivery and installation of your garden building.
Unless the time frame is to be extended by either the installer or the customer.
The published installation price can be found on indiviudal product pages and is restricted to the designated area of mainland UK locations. Delivery and installation within Scotland is inclusive up to and including Glasgow and Edinburgh but not above. All postcodes IV; KW; PA; PH; KY; AB; DD and most of FK postcodes along with Highlands and Islands will incur an additional delivery charge, quoted personally to your required delivery address.
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure the following:
- Additional installation has been purchased for the installation of any optional accessories such as a timber floor kit or foundation kit.
- A level, flat and hardstanding floor area be prepared in readiness (details below).
- When preparing your floor area, please ensure you have checked the correct base dimensions.
- If you are building a concrete floor, you may wish to consider allowing for drainage.
- Ensure that area where the garden building will be located is free from obstructions e.g. overhanging branches, power lines, manhole covers etc.
- Ensure that the area where the garden building will be located has ample access to all sides. We recommend a minimum of 2ft clearance.
- Ensure that you have checked whether planning permission may be required and that all building regulations are adhered to.
- If you are taking delivery of the garden building prior to installation, ensure that you have pre-checked your entire contents straight away and report any missing parts.
Upon purchasing our garden building installation service, you agree to the following:
- Installations are generally carried out at the time of delivery, within 15 working days after ordering (for in-stock items).
- Installation is within mainland England, Wales and southern Scotland only, with some exceptions to hard to reach postcodes.
- If the installation is unable to be completed on the day of arrival due to the above terms not being adhered to, the full cost of the installation may still be warranted, with extra charges possibly occurring for a second installation attempt.
- The disposal of any packaging is not the installers responsibility, and you should be prepared to dispose of any packaging, including that of any wooden pallet(s) and crate(s).
- Installers may be that of a third-party installation company, unrelated to ourselves. You agree for us to pass on your information to the third-party in order for the installation to be arranged and carried out.
- The customer will not be liable for any additional cost in the event that the installation cannot take place due to adverse weather conditions.
- In the event that the customer is absent at the time of installation, they shall appoint a third party who has the authority to confirm the successful completion of the installation. They will give notice prior to installation and provide written authority either to either ourselves or directly to the installer.
- In the event that the installer has to abandon installation due to lack of preparation or that the installer considers the conditions to be of such a hazardous nature that their health and safety might be compromised, the customer will be liable for the incurred costs.
Acceptance of an agreed installation date will imply acceptance of the above terms and conditions. On completion of the installation, the customer/agreed third party shall sign and date an ‘Installation Note’ provided by the installer.
Base Area Preparation
The customer must ensure that he/she has made adequate provision for a base prior to installation. The following options are available:
- Concrete Base (allowing 7-10 days curing time)
- Paving Slabs (minimum of two-inches thick)
- Decking Area
- Patio Area
- Timber Floor Accessory (available on the selected building product page)
- Foundation Kit (available on the selected building product page)
- Other Suitable Hard Standing Surface
The suitability of the prepared base/ground will be entirely at the discretion of the installer upon arrival.
Other Useful Guides
|How to Build a Concrete Shed Base||How To Prevent Condensation In A Shed|