With an Elite greenhouse you have the choice of many optional extras to create your own bespoke structure. The Kensington 6ft x 18ft lean to is no exception and is ideal for passionate gardeners who want a greenhouse that is perfectly in tune with their ways of working.
Create a very personal environment from the impressive list of accessories and you'll have a greenhouse that is well appointed, good looking and very productive.
The rigid aluminium frame will not rust, warp or rot, and boasts a high ridge and eaves that make it a very accommodating and pleasant place to be inside. Your first choice will be the frame's finish, it could be silver milled aluminium or one of a range of powder coatings that are available in a number of colours.
To make the greenhouse as accessible as possible Elite allow you to have several doors in various locations. You might have a single sliding door at each or one gable end, and double doors along the front, it's completely up to you.
In a greenhouse as large as this one, partitions are useful to create different areas for growing, storage and working. Within these zones different types of shelving and staging would be essential, and there's a huge choice either modular or very strong extruded aluminium that is attached directly to the framework.
As for the glazing, this can be horticultural, upgraded to toughened or polycarbonate. If the lean to is positioned over an entrance then the choice must be toughened by law. Although the glazing is held in place by stainless steel clips, colour co-ordinated bar capping will look good and also provide extra security and water resistance.
No greenhouse should get too hot during the summer, so Elite have fitted three roof vents and one louvre as standard. Automatic openers are available to save you the trouble of opening and closing them, but perhaps more usefully they can continue to operate if you are ever away from the greenhouse for any reason. More vents can also be installed as required so that the air is always fresh, just as your plants prefer.
An Elite lean to cannot be placed directly on earth or grass, a base of some kind is required. An alloy base can be supplied with the same finish as the frame, and this seems to be a better alternative to building one yourself.
Please note that the photographs illustrate various Kensington greenhouses and show both standard features that are listed below and optional accessories that can be purchased separately.
Elite Kensington Lean To Features:
- Finger tip control of sliding door
- Strong integral gutter giving strength at the eave
- Three roof vents
- All clips are stainless steel, not galvanised, to prevent rust
- Maintenance free, rigid aluminium frame, which will not rust, warp or rot
- One five bladed side louvre
- Internal Shelf
- Choice of three types of glazing
- Comprehensive instruction manual
- Doors can be situated on either gable end or front
- Includes a 10 Year Manufacturer's Guarantee
- External Height To Ridge: 240cm (7ft 10½ins)
- External Height To Eaves: 180cm (5ft 11ins)
- External Width: 567cm (18ft 7ins)
- External Depth: 192cm (6ft 3½ins)
- Door Opening Height: 175cm (5ft 9ins)
- Single Door Opening Width: 60cm (1ft 11½ins)
- Double Door Opening Width: 120cm (3ft 11ins)
- Base Height: 12cm (5ins)