Please kindly read the below terms set out by the manufacturer (Shire GB) for their sheds and garden buildings range. These terms set out the conditions for the included 12-month workmanship warranty and the 10-year anti-rot guarantee offered by Shire GB.
The seller will not accept any responsibility for any third-party costs incurred for late deliveries, failed deliveries or incomplete deliveries. It is the buyer's responsibility to check that the delivery is complete and in good order before arranging any third party contractors to assist in installation.
12-Month Workmanship Warranty
Shire GB warrants that the goods will correspond with the stated specification at the time of delivery and will be free from defects in material, and workmanship for a period of 12 months from the date of their initial use or 6 months from delivery, whichever is the first to expire.
10-Year Anti-Rot Guarantee
Shire garden buildings are either dip treated or pressure treated with a water-based timber treatment for protection during transit. In order to receive the full 10-year anti-rot guarantee, it is necessary that you treat the garden building with a high quality, spirit-based, timber preservative prior to or shortly after construction. This will protect the timber from weathering and will need to be repeated accordingly in relation to the manufacturer’s instructions.
This guarantee covers fungal decay and insect attack.
This guarantee does not cover:
- Movement, Warping or Splitting of the timber over time;
- Damage caused by or as a result of misuse;
- Glazing material, joinery or roofing felt.
Shire GB shall not be liable to the consumer or be deemed to be in breach of the contract by reason of any delay in performing or any failure to perform, any of the seller’s obligations in relation to the goods, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the Shire's reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as causes beyond Shire's reasonable control – Act of God, explosion, flood, storm, fire or accident, war or threat of war, sabotage, civil disturbance or requisition.
This warranty is only valid in the UK.
How to Validate Your 10-Year Anti-Rot Guarantee
Your Shire GB structure must be installed and kept on a hard standing service as well as being treated accordingly to the instruction manual provided with the structure.
In general, the guarantee is invalid if:
- The building has not been constructed on a firm, level base;
- The building has not been constructed or installed as per the instructions;
- The building has been customised or modified in any way;
- The person claiming is not the original purchaser of the building;
- The building has not been treated immediately once constructed and at least every 12 months thereafter;
- The buildings has been touched by an external wall or in contact with a tree or a bush. As this would allow moisture to penetrate the building.
- A damp proof membrane is not laid between the floor joists and the base (Not Applicable for Log Cabins);
- Corner joints are not sealed with silicone;
- Roofing felt is not properly maintained.
All of Shire's products are sold for domestic use only.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.