After you've placed an order for a shed or garden building here at GardenSite and included installation through our third-party installation service, the installation team will be in contact to make the necessary arrangements with you for your install.
Now that your order is being processed, there are a few things to consider before your delivery arrives. These considerations will enable the install team to carry out their installation of your product(s) as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Firstly, if you have any requests, we recommend putting them forward as early as possible to avoid any delays on the day. It is important to know that the installers are just that, they aren't trained electricians, carpenters or builders and the pricing for assembly reflects this.
- Access to the assembly site or garden is clear and unobstructed.
- The assembly site is no further than 40 meters from the delivery point. This is a reflection of time constraints as the quoted price is for an allocated amount of time. Longer distances, such as rear access from further down a street, will naturally take more time which has not been accounted for in the standard pricing.
- The ground at the assembly site must be flat (except for sloping base kits). Again the installers may not have the necessary tools to flatten the ground for you and it has not been accounted for in the price.
- Both a suitable and solid base is in place that is flat and level. You can have a plastic base, a wooden base, or a concrete base. For a concrete base, please read our comprehensive guide on “how to build a concrete base”. If, however, you wish to use a plastic or wooden shed base, see our range of shed bases here.
- Installation may not be on the same day as delivery.
- There must be a minimum of 60cm all the way around the final installation point, this is so that the installation team are able to access all sides of the shed in order to properly install the roof.
- The team must have access to electricity upon request.
- There is a suitable loading/unloading area at the assembly address with free parking being close by. If you live on a permit holder-only road, we will require you to provide a permit during the stay.
- A person over the age of 18 must be available at the time of assembly unless otherwise agreed in advance.
Customers Are Responsible For:
- The team is unable to carry a shed or garden building through your property even if it is flat-packed. If your product needs to be taken through your property this should be done before the installation team arrives.
- If upon arrival the installation team deems the base provided is not suitable, the installation may not be able to take place on that day, yet the booking would still have to be paid for in full.
- If, however, the team is asked and they agree to install the unit on an unsuitable base, then it may be carried out on the understanding that you are aware that this may affect the functionality and the aesthetics of the building and we will not be held accountable for any issues that may arise as a result of the installation.
- The installers are not obliged to carry out other repairs or jobs for you while they are there.
- If you're a pet owner, the area must be free of any mess and cleaned before assembly can take place.
- We may ask for pets such as dogs to be kept clear from the area whilst installation takes place.
- Any shrubs, bushes or trees that overhang into the assembly area must be trimmed back prior to the team's arrival.
- Similarly, grass must be reasonably short around the assembly site.
- If there are manholes or drains present in the area or its surroundings, these must be covered, clean and free from debris.
Additional Assembly of Base Kits:
- The assembly area is not paved or partly paved, has no concrete, blocks, bricks or anything else that will have to be removed prior to assembly.
- The complete span of the base must not be more than 3 inches off being level.
It is important to note that the team will be unable to carry out any groundwork.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Long Does Installation Take?
We aim to carry out all installations within 7 working days after delivery (excluding log cabins). A member of the installation team will contact you once a delivery date has been booked and confirmed.
My Installation Is Due, What Happens Now?
If your building has not already been delivered, it may be coming with the installer. If the building arrives before the install date, please check off the contents from the list in the instructions just to make sure everything is present and accounted for.
If you do have any concerns about the content that was delivered or anything else for that matter please get in touch so we can sort out any potential issues before the installer arrives.
If you're not able to be at home or grant access to the team, please let us know in advance or arrange for a friend or neighbor to be present.
You will normally receive a phone call the day before or the morning of the day of installation to check that everything is in order and set to go ahead.
What To Expect On The Installation Day
The installer(s) should arrive within the agreed timeframe, however, if there's an unavoidable delay they will notify you as soon as possible.
When the team arrives they will double-check that the base is suitable and that everything is present for the installation before beginning assembly.
The installer(s) will be happy to answer any questions you may have and you can feel free to oversee them as they do your installation.
You don't have to be next to them for the process and if you leave them to it they'll give you an estimate of when they think the process is nearing completion.
What To Expect After Installation Has Been Completed
All finished? The installer(s) will carry out their own final checks of the building and then they'll ask you to look with them, showing you the completed job, taking some photographs and answering any questions before asking you to sign for their work.
If You Require Anymore Information
Then please don't hesitate to contact us on 0121 355 7701 or email us at [email protected].