What Can I Expect?
To carry out our deliveries, we use a third-party courier who has a nationwide network. This means that they own many different depots operating all over the U.K, therefore some of this information can vary.
After we have dispatched your order in advance, the courier is then able to deliver your goods from your local depot. The deliveries will usually be made on a 7.5t lorry which has the following approximate dimensions: Height: 12ft, Width: 8ft, Length: 25ft. However, the vehicle sizes can vary depending on the local depot from which your goods are sent.
During The Delivery
After the driver arrives they will use a tail lift to lower the goods down to the curbside as shown in the image below. (This image is for demonstration purposes only)
Once lowered, the driver will use their pump-truck or hand-trolley to move the pallet. As delivery is kerbside only, any requests to take the goods further than that will be at the discretion of the driver and will depend on the access provided. For example, they would not be able to maneuver the pallet over grass, gravel, or steps. As a result, movement of the product beyond the curbside can't be guaranteed, also, the driver is not insured to do so.
The driver is also unable to assist with unpacking the product(s) or individual components from the pallet as they would be liable for any damages, as a result, the delivery will be contactless.
To avoid any situations where the driver is unable to deliver your goods due to access reasons, please check around your property and any roads that lead to it for any of the following:
- Dead Ends
- Height Restrictions
- Weight Restrictions
- Turning Restrictions
- Unloading Restrictions (e.g sloping areas)
- Roadworks Obstructions
- Sharp Turns
- Low Hanging Trees/Branches
- Narrow Lanes
If we aren't advised of any of the above and the courier is unable to deliver for any of the reasons stated, you may be charged for re-delivery.
How Will Accessories Be Delivered?
If any additional accessories have been ordered along with your product(s), these will usually be packed onto the same pallet where applicable, and will usually not be visible from the outside of the pallet. If you have ordered accessories to a product without ordering the product itself, or from a different brand or manufacturer, then they may be sent separately, unpalletised, via a courier.
Delivery Date Notifications
Unless you have paid for a particular time slot, an ETA of the arrival of the goods is not a guaranteed service.
However, if you have provided us with your mobile number, we will pass this onto the courier. We have requested that they notify you on the day of delivery to advise an ETA, however, please note that this is an estimate and could be subject to change. You may also receive a phone call 30 mins prior to delivery but this is purely at the drivers' discretion.
Unpacking Your Pallet(s)
We use pallets to deliver our products. For larger orders, the delivery may be on two pallets. We advise following these steps when unpacking your products:
- Firstly, we advise a two-person minimum for unpacking.
- Cut the plastic banding surrounding the pallet.
- If wooden packaging has been used, carefully locate and remove screws that are holding the packaging in place, one column at a time. For example, remove the furthest right-hand screws first and work inwards.
- Be mindful of loose components packed within the pallet.
- Finally, check all the goods are accounted for against the list that you will be given with the delivery. If there are any issues please inform us as soon as they are raised.
- Note that pallets are not able to be collected/returned, and so will be of the customer's responsibility to dispose of them (although, they make for ideal firwood and kindling).
If indeed you have any questions regarding unpacking your delivery, please don't hesitate to contact us on 0121 355 7701 or email us at [email protected].
- If on the seldom occasion, your delivery doesn't arrive on the date given to you due to courier error, they will attempt to complete the delivery the following day. If this doesn't suit you, we ask that you contact us to advise on a suitable alternative.
- We never advise booking 3rd party installation for the same day as the delivery, this is because deliveries can take place anytime during the day.
- Once you have received your delivery, please check to see that all the components are present before you book or start your installation. If any parts are missing or damaged, the replacements are typically despatched within 1-2 working days of confirmation. Prior to this, we will need to receive an email with images of any damage.
- If there are consequential losses as a result of a late delivery or missing/damaged parts we cannot be held liable for those losses.
Where can I find the dimensions of my product(s) that are being delivered?
- All the dimensions of all of our products can be found on the specific product pages on our website, www.GardenSite.co.uk. You will usually find the dimensions listed below the product description of the product in question.
How do I prepare my base?
- To assist you with building a concrete base for any garden building, we have put together a handy guide for you to follow. Alternatively, you can browse our range of plastic or wooden shed bases, which are generally easier to install.
How is the shed built? Can you advise regarding installation?
- With every product that requires installation, printed instructions will usually be sent with the delivery. Furthermore, on the product page on our website you will often find a detailed video demonstrating the installation process.
- However, if you would like any additional assistance please don't hesitate to contact us on 0121 355 7701 or email us at [email protected] and we'll do our best to help with your issue.
Can I return my product?
Don't like your product? Not what you were expecting? No problem! We make our returns process as fuss-free as possible, read our returns policy to find out how!
For other more commonly asked questions:
Please view our general terms and conditions page, this will have answers to a lot of different questions that haven't been answered here.
As always, if there are any other questions, we have a dedicated customer care team available Mon-Fri 9am-5pm including bank holidays, you can reach them on 0121 355 7701 or email [email protected].