There are currently no reviews for this product. Please help us and others by writing a review.Review This Product
Sorry this product has been discontinued. Bird Nesting Boxes
Bird Lodge in the style of a Traditional British Post Box
We are committed to Low Prices.
If you find any of our products on the price promise pages advertised, and in stock and immediately available, at any of our competitors we will endeavour to match the price.
Product Code: BIRDLODGEPOSTBOX
This Bird Lodge Box is crafted in the style of a GPO Post Box and traditionally painted in a vivid red with gold lettering. It's perfect to home small birds who may wish to come and stay.
Beautifully designed, bird friendly and cast in weatherproof poly resin, this bird nesting box has been crafted in the design of a British red post box.
It's unique and quirky and is a must for any bird and wildlife fan.
Bird Lodge Post Box Features:
- Suitable for small birds (e.g Blue Tits and Great Tits)
- Gold Painted 'GPO' and 'Letters Only'
- Painted in a Traditional Postbox Red Colour Finish
- Lid can be Opened to peek inside
- Designed and made in England
Making the Most of the Post Box Bird Box:
• To attract Blue Tits and Great Tits the box should be fixed two metres up a tree or wall to deter predators.
• Unless there are trees or building which shade the box during the day, face the box between north and east, thus avoiding strong sunlight.
• Make sure that the birds have a clear flight path to the nest without any clutter directly in front of the entrance.
• Many small birds will enter nestboxes during the autumn and winter, looking for a suitable place to roost or to feed. They often use the same boxes for nesting the following spring.
• Tits will seriously investigate nesting sites until February or March.
Nesting Box Dimensions:
- Approx Height: 30.5cm
- Approx Width: 15.5cm
- Approx Depth: 16cm
Nesting Box Materials -
The front and roof section of the box are cast in poly resin which is weather proof. The side and back section is made from recycled wood which also makes it more bird friendly and a cosy place for your feathery friends to live. The whole outside of the box is painted in royal mail red waterproof paint for added weather resistance and to add that bold and clean look.
Nesting Box Maintenance -
There is little maintenance needed after the box is installed into its final position apart from taking out used nests and cleaning out the inside after use as and when required. You can peek inside the box when required by using the removable lid top to see if there is any debris or old nesting remains that may need to be cleared out.
*Additional delivery charges may apply to the following destinations: Isle of Wight, Isles of Scilly, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and Scottish Highlands. Please contact us for a customised delivery quote.
Questions and Answers
Have a question for this product? Go ahead and ask us! We try to reply within a few hours but it may take longer on some questions.Ask us a Question