There are currently no reviews for this product. Please help us and others by writing a review.Review This Product
TetraPond Ammonia Test Kit
We are committed to Low Prices.
If you find any of our products on the price promise pages advertised, and in stock and immediately available, at any of our competitors we will endeavour to match the price.
Product Code: T695 EAN: 4004218748712
Ammonia is excreted by fish directly into the water, and is also released from the breakdown of solid waste and uneaten food. Ammonia is highly toxic to fish, but is usually removed from the water by the bacteria which live inside the filter. However, in new ponds, or if the filter bacteria are damaged, the ammonia level may become toxic. The only way to know what the ammonia level is, is by testing the water with a TetraPond Ammonia kit. Regular testing, especially in new ponds, will prevent damage caused by ammonia poisoning.
How it Works
The TetraPond Ammonia kit is a liquid kit, which works by changing the colour of a water sample in relation to the ammonia concentration. You simply need to compare the colour of the sample to the easy-to-read colour chart in order to determine the ammonia level.
How to Use
In order to test the ammonia level, simply take a sample of pond water in a jug, and then use some of this to wash out the test vial. Then:
1. fill the vial to the 5ml mark with the water to be tested;
2. hold bottle 1 upside down and add 14 drops to the vial, close it and shake gently;
3. hold bottle number 2 upside down, add 7 drops to the vial, close and shake gently;
4. hold bottle number 3 upside down and add 7 drops to the vial, close and shake gently. Leave the vial for twenty minutes to allow the colour to develop;
5. Match the colour of the sample to the colour chart in order to obtain the ammonia concentration.
Always read the instructions carefully before use. If ammonia levels are high then you should seek advice as to the underlying cause.
*Additional delivery charges may apply to the following destinations: Isle of Wight, Isles of Scilly, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and Scottish Highlands. Please contact us for a customised delivery quote.
Questions and Answers
Have a question for this product? Go ahead and ask us! We try to reply within a few hours but it may take longer on some questions.Ask us a Question
£11.49 inc. VATIn Stock